We're right in the middle of Brain Awareness Week. No worries if you weren't aware of this weeklong celebration. This is a chance to learn more about the benefits of brain research and to bone up on ways to keep your mind sharp. Here are a few of our favorite ways:
- Check out these free downloadable worksheets and games promoting Brain Awareness Week.
- TED has some of the best thought-provoking and free presentations that will keep you curious and smart.
- Here are 17 ways to stay smart. Chief among them is the idea that trying new things will stretch you mentally, which is a good thing.
- We also found nine other ways to exercise your brain, including volunteering!
- And, for a quick way to boost brain power that you can do right now, try brushing your teeth with the other hand.
What do you do to stay sharp?
Share your tricks for growing your brain in the comments below.